As part of the UBC Renewable Energy Hub project, the Hydrogen Refueling Station will begin construction on Thunderbird Boulevard this week. During this project, there will be multi-phase road closures along Thunderbird Boulevard in effect between November 20, 2021 to the end of August 2022.
The first road closure will be from November 29 through to December 19, resulting in a closure of the westbound lane of Thunderbird Blvd from west of the Thunderbird Parkade to Health Sciences Mall. During this work, pedestrians will be detoured to the south side of Thunderbird Boulevard and the closest detour route for vehicles will be 16th Avenue to East Mall. Please see below for the road closures planned until the end of August 2022.
- November 29 to December 19, 2021: Thunderbird Boulevard westbound closed.
- December 20 to December 23, 2021 (including night shifts): Thunderbird Boulevard fully closed between Thunderbird Parkade and East Mall
- December 25, 2021 to March 27, 2022: Thunderbird Boulevard westbound closed from Thunderbird Parkade to Health Sciences Mall
- March 28 to May 15, 2022: Thunderbird Boulevard fully closed between Thunderbird Parkade and East Mall
- May 16 to August 19, 2022: Thunderbird Boulevard westbound closed from Thunderbird Parkade to Health Sciences Mall
This project is supported and in partnership with industry leaders and the provincial government. UBC Clean Energy Research Centre: Clean Connected and Safe Transportation Testbed will be a city-scale, living laboratory that supports fundamental and translational research into all these areas while developing and deploying the next generation of clean, connected and safe transportation systems and technologies.
Please see the map for additional information:
Learn more about the project
For questions or concerns about the project
Aletha Utimati, Project Manager: email@example.com
Mark Donald Jones, Facilities Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org