Infrastructure Development - Records
If you're a tradesperson looking to pinpoint the location of an electrical panel or valve, an architect preparing a proposal for a new building on campus, or a student doing a class project, the Records Section is your first stop for information on the University's buildings, facilities and infrastructure.
We are responsible for identifying, acquiring, preserving and providing access to more than 50,000 drawings and records of all campus buildings, facilities and infrastructure. We currently maintain the following major record groups in our library:
- Building Record Drawings (includes: Landscaping, Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical)
- Underground Services Record Drawings
- Record Drawings for streets and roads on the Point Grey campus
- Building Operating & Maintenance Manuals
- Building Specifications
- Building Construction Project Files (prior to 2002)
- Soil Reports
- Campus Orthophotos
In addition, Records staff is involved in providing practical record keeping assistance to our clients in Infrastructure Development, Campus & Community Planning, and Building Operations.
Mapping and Drafting
All of the drafting and mapping services formerly handled by the Records Section are now available through Facilities Information Systems. From the record drawings the Facilities Information Systems team produces and maintains accurate building keyplans and campus-wide site maps.